The Nursing Research Interest Group (NRIG) promotes the understanding, conduct and uptake of nursing research through collaboration, funding, education, networking, and lobbying to improve the health of individuals and families in Ontario.
In collaboration with the RNAO, the RNAO Board’s Research Committee and other partners, NRIG:
- Promotes nursing research in Ontario
- Lobbies for resources to promote excellence in nursing research
- Promotes nursing representation on peer review committees
- Disseminates research to nurses, other health care providers, the government and the public
- Promotes and facilitates the understanding of the application of research findings to support evidence-based decision-making in practice and management
- Fosters the development of scholarship and research skills among novice nurse researchers
- Creates opportunities to network with individuals who share similar interests in research
Our website is updated quarterly to inform members of current research issues, conference, publication and funding opportunities. Research resources are developed for nurses and there are minimal start-up funds available for small research projects.
- NRIG was formed on November 1, 1986